Thursday, November 24, 2011

Rest and Reflection




"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
~ Soren Kierkegaard


We all need times of rest and reflection.  In the absence of my posts I believe you can draw the conclusion that I have been in a long period of reflection.  Reflection as to what I am doing with my life and whether or not what I have been doing has been pleasing to the Lord.  I don't seek to find satisfaction for the self because there is no fruit in that.  I do seek though to please the Lord fully with the life He has so graciously given me.  That is why, like Kierkegaard, I find it important to take time and understand the past so that we can live the fullest forward.

I have been home from Ireland for a little over a month now and I have been seeking out the Lord on my past couple years and what He has for me next.  It has been an amazing time of reflection on what I have been able to do for the Lord and how He has so deeply changed me from the man I was into the man that I am and am to be.  

As I gazed deeply into the heart of the Lord what I saw was a loving God who cares about my own hearts desires when they bring glory to His name.  My desire for a long time has been to move back to Portland, the city I love, to minister and war over this beautiful place.  The timing for my return couldn't be better as the Lord has opened numerous doors for me here already and I have finally returned with eyes that no longer see only the strongholds over this city but rather eyes that see the mighty work God is and has been doing here.

The place is Portland, the time is now, and revival is always a reality because the Lord is always in control.  I have no answers to specifics of what it will look like for me here and now... but I believe whole-heartily that the Lord has me here now for a reason and I will find that purpose and go after it with all that I have... and when I can go no further, I will rely on His strength to complete the race.  I give great thanks on this thanksgiving to the Lord who has blessed my heart by finally calling me home to Portland, and I will not let a moment slip by where I don't war over this city to come to know the Lord.  Let the adventures begin... this is going to be an amazing journey.




Please if you have any questions for me about all of this I would love to take the time to fill you in... I pray you all have a blessed thanksgiving and I hope to hear from you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment