Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Delusion of Degradation (part 3)





"Most people are other people.  Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
~ Oscar Wilde



To what might Oscar Wilde referring... our IDENTITY or lack there of.  So many people live in the shadow of others or let others define who they are and how they should live.  They live in the wake of others experiences and others revelation... They know not who they are, who they are meant to be, or even what they could become.

If you have been following along in this series "The Delusion of Degradation," I have described in the first two parts about a season I felt called into by the Lord of diving deep into the whole Word of God to find out why bad things happen, who are the poor, widowed, orphaned, and oppressed, and anything else revolving around these issues.  Not even halfway through the first book of the Bible (Genesis) I began to discover the source for all of this and it is something I began to tap into during Part 2.  

To recap quickly what I am referring to, in Part 2 I described how man was never meant to be the judge between good and evil, and yet when man chose to eat from the "Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil," we tapped into something that wasn't ours.  To go deeper into this, I have began to understand that we as people, when we took in the knowledge which wasn't meant to be ours, we actually began to take on an IDENTITY that was never meant to be ours.

The root issue that I have began to see in the Word of God between man and God and good versus evil is the issue of identity.  This idea struck me so deeply that I have began to see it's exposure in the Word of God rather frequently, and I now believe this is the main thing we must focus on to answer and understand the questions that fueled this search in the first place.  It is when we are not walking in the identity that God gave us that we begin to walk in the path which was not intended for us.  It is also when we begin to be deceived about the identity of God that we begin to walk away from the truths of life.  

I strongly believe that when we discover our original design from God, which is our true identity in Christ, and when we truly begin to see God for who He is in His fullness, we will begin to see the goodness of God and His blessings flourish on this earth.  I have seen the truth of this already many times in the Word and in my own life, and I know that as we continue this search it will become even more evident to us all.  But before I begin sharing these things, I want to end here for a time of self reflection.  I strongly encourage you to question the things I have just spoken of and reflect on your own experience, your own life, and what you are reading in the Word to see if you find truth in this.  

I don't want this series to be my own revelation from God or my own reflections.  I want your input, your questions, and your discussion.  I strongly encourage you to reflect on what has been said and ask the questions, share what's on your heart when you think of these issues and let us walk in true fellowship (which the Bible refers to as iron sharpening iron) as we discover the truths about life.  Please contact me on my web page and write feedback or questions or even at the bottom of this blog if you have clicked the link that took you to the Blogger website.  However you want to contact me, I want to hear your thoughts.  I love you and thank you for continuing to follow my blog, I miss you all.



"We know what we are.  But not what we may be."
~ William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment